Lake Geneva Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Lawyer
Lake Geneva area residents worry that a Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing will devastate their credit rating. It’s important to realize that late payments, repossessions, or loan delinquency can damage your credit score as much as, or even worse than, a bankruptcy.
My name is Shannon E. Wynn, a Lake Geneva Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Lawyer, and I want you to feel comfortable with your decision to file for bankruptcy. Bankruptcy gives you the opportunity to eliminate a large portion of your unsecured debt — credit cards, personal loans, medical bills — while potentially retaining most of your assets and property. Chapter 7 Bankruptcy is a perfectly acceptable solution to your insurmountable debt in this difficult economy.
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin Wage Garnishment Lawyer
Bankruptcy laws are complex, but I will make sure to explain them to you in plain language. I want you to feel free to ask questions throughout the entire process. I will be with you every step of the way.
Following a means test, relief is available for Lake Geneva residents under Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. There are many things to remember, including:
- Unsecured debt is eliminated.
- There is no repayment plan.
- A Chapter 7 Bankruptcy filing can stop wage garnishments and end lawsuits filed by creditors.
Contact me if you have questions about filing for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy or the consequences of your filing. It is better to get a Lake Geneva Chapter 7 Bankruptcy lawyer involved as soon as possible in the process.
Common Misconceptions About Bankruptcy
Too often, information is passed along by ‘word of mouth’ and it is difficult to get the correct answers to your questions. I recognize that people have many misconceptions regarding bankruptcy and the filing process. Here are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Bankruptcy filings are not put in the newspaper or publicized.
- You can file for bankruptcy alone — your spouse does not have to file with you.
- Bankruptcy is less expensive than all the fees and late payment charges you will incur if you do not pay off your debt.
- Most people do not lose their car or home.
If you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to call me or come in to the office for a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy consultation.